We will cover:
• The Illustrator program workspace;
• Working with new documents;
• Art boards; tools; panels; menus; rulers; guides & smart guides;
• Basic drawing & editing tools, understanding paths; views; selection tools; fills and strokes; pen tool vs. pencil;
• Brush and erasing tools; group; lock & hide functions, layers; isolation mode; use of strokes; object joining; gradient tools;
• Fills: flat, gradient and patterns;
• Transformation tools: rotate, scale, reflect, and shear;
• Typography basics / program type tools; working with type;
• Compound paths and the pathfinder tool;
• Brushes, gradient mesh tool; symbols & graphic styles;
• Project presentations; preparing artwork for print & web; PDF production; save; export & print options; using Adobe Illustrator with other Adobe Creative Cloud software (Indesign, Photoshop)
Course Length: 6 weeks, 36 hours
Materials Needed: You must have a USB flash drive to store and transport saved files
Course Hours: 5:30pm-8:30pm. Mondays & Wednesdays.
Alastair studied at the Alberta College of Art & Design, and his interest in other cultures led him to Berlin where he receiving his B.A. in Visual Communications from the University of the Arts. He lived in Berlin for over 20 years before returning to Victoria in 2005. His experience ranges from freelance designer to Marketing Communications Manager for multinationals in Europe including Sony’s IT division. He was responsible for managing web, print & advertising campaigns, as well as exhibitions, product packaging, POS displays, sales incentive tools and giveaways.
Classes with insufficient registration will be cancelled. Should this occur, a full refund will be issued. So don't delay, register today!
Please call 250-383-3631 for more information.